Easy DIY All Breed Dog Grooming
Are you tired of spending money on professional groomers to give your dog a trim and bath? If so, you should probably start thinking about DIY dog grooming. It is an excellent way to save money, and the best part is that it is simple too! It is important to trim and groom your furry friend for more reasons than fashion. Many dogs need routine or seasonal grooming to help minimize shedding or prevent matting. Our professional dog grooming team in San Rafael have a few valuable tips to share for DIY dog grooming for all breeds.
Easy Tips for DIY Dog Grooming
DIY dog grooming can be challenging and stressful if you do not have the know-how or are not prepared for the task. Here are a few tips to help do the job a little easier for you and keep your dog well-groomed and good-looking:
- Bathing: You need to bathe your dog to keep him clean, but this can be a tedious task. The good news is that unless your furry friend has done something that has made him extremely smelly or dirty, he only needs a bath every 2 to 4 months. If you give your dog a bath more frequently than this, it will cause the skin to dry out.
- Feet: It is important to trim your dog’s feet at regular intervals. It helps in reducing the amount of material that can get caught in this part of your pet’s body. You should make sure that you trim your dog’s feet every three weeks to ensure they are You should also clip his nails every two weeks.
- Brushing: When you brush your dog, it not only makes him feel good but also helps in removing dead hair and distributing the natural oils to give him a shiny, healthy coat. Regardless of how long your dog’s coat is, make sure that you give him a good brushing every few days.
- Ears: Dogs need to get their ears cleaned too. When you keep the inside surfaces of your pet’s ears clean, not only will he feel good, but it will also help in preventing ear infections. Experts in dog grooming in San Rafael recommend cleaning your dog’s ears once a week.
- Teeth: Like humans, dogs can have dental problems. Therefore you need to make sure that you brush your dog’s teeth regularly – it is ideal to do this 2 to 3 times every week.
These basic grooming tips will help keep your dog clean and well groomed. When you need professional help in dog grooming in San Rafael, you should go to the experts – Bridewell Hilltop Boarding Kennels and Cattery. Call us today if you have any specific questions about dog grooming, our experts will be happy to assist you.